We all have a fashion conscious person in our lives and buying them a gift is difficult, especially if you don’t have your eye on the latest fashion trends. We offer you five perfect gift ideas that every fashion lover will love!
Fashion changes so quickly. And it is easy to make a faux pas. Even those fashionistas who have impeccable style and taste occasionally make a mistake. So what is hot, what isn’t and what could be when it comes to fashion in the coming months? Unless you have been paying close attention to London Fashion Week 2018 – the first to be declared fur-free – then you may struggle for cute, chic gift ideas for the fashion-loving man or woman in your life.
No fear! We have five superb ideas…
#1 Perfect for anyone – a stylish dome umbrella
If there is one thing that we all need, it is an umbrella. But here’s the thing – it needs to complement what we are wearing otherwise it all looks messy and out of place. And when you are trying to create the right impression, turning up with a cartoon character on your umbrella may not be the way to go. There is a solution and it is one that has just come back into vogue – not that it ever went out of fashion in our minds.
The dome umbrella is a thing of true beauty and style;
- Choose a colour trim that matches with the majority of outfits although, at this price, you can choose to indulge in more than one for your fashion-conscious friend or
- They have made a come back on the catwalk with many designers using clear dome umbrellas in their winter 2018 collections.
- The Queen always uses a dome umbrella with a matching colour trim to her outfit and what is good enough for the royals is more than perfect…
If a dome brolly is not the ‘right’ gift for your recipient, a block colour canopy would be just perfect. Add a twist of elegance by opting for one with a long, curved, wooden handle and a large canopy that makes staying dry so easy.
#2 For Her – The Box Bag
We know we already have one bag on the list but for a fashion-conscious woman, too many bags is just not a concept they can compute.
Part of fashion is the must-have accessories for the coming season and the must-have bag for Winter 2018 is the box bag.
From snakeskin print to glitter, the box bag is enjoying a welcome resurgence. With the festive season on the doorstep, why not be ultra-cool with your gift buying and opt for a ‘going-out’ box bag?
This clutch box bag is small enough to be cute but big enough to keep essential for a night out.
Or if money is no object, this Dolce & Gabbana box bag at just over £1,400 is just perfect, a timeless, elegant piece that will last for years.
#3 For Him – Essential Preening Kits
Male grooming is big business in the UK – and growing – and that’s great news for when it comes to buying toiletries for the fashion-conscious man in your life.
However, leave the boxed shower gel and matching aftershave on the shelve because we have much better ideas;
- A hot shave – for the man in your life who likes his fashion and takes time to make the best of himself, a hot shave is not a luxury but a necessity. As well as being relaxing, it also gives him an incredibly close shave and nourishes the skin too.
- A straight razor – a hot shave is a one-off grooming ritual but he’ll get a better shave with a straight razor. Opt for the best your budget will stretch too.
- Badger brush and stand – to get the best close shave, using a badger hair brush with a top quality shaving soap is a must and a brush with stand is the perfect gift. However, if you can’t quite imagine buying genuine badger fur there are perfectly suitable synthetic alternatives.
#4 For Him – Tailored shirt and cufflinks
A tailored shirt is an amazing piece of garb to wear and completely different to a poorly cut one – no bunching at the elbows, no swathes of material to tuck in (or not enough), not too tight or loose across the chest, shoulders and armpits and a neck that is too big or small – and frankly, once experienced there is no turning back.
And like a good aftershave, a pair of cufflinks finishes an outfit with aplomb. But why buy the shirt without the cufflinks and vice versa.
As for cuff links, hop on over to Cuff Link Man for a huge choice, all of which are affordable. Take a look at designers too because frankly, a decent pair of cufflinks will get you through everything from weddings to business meetings.
#5 For Her – A laptop bag that doesn’t look like a laptop bag
Briefcases were once the rage, followed by cute backpacks and satchels. Today, every professional woman is on the lookout for a laptop bag that looks nothing like a laptop bag.
The flat, black laptop bag with lots of utility pockets is to be avoided. Instead, find one that looks like a stylish office bag whilst offering the protection laptops and smartphone needs was nigh on impossible… until now.
Because you and your amazing ability to the find the perfect gift has stumbled upon the Everlane chic laptop bag. With free international shipping, it is a worthwhile investment although if you the price tag of £180 (will vary according to the exchange rate between pound sterling and US dollars) is a bit steep, keep reading because we have other great ideas.
What other ideas can you think of that make perfect gifts for the fashion conscious man or woman?